|This. The title says it all, really. Get shopping — it’ll take the edge of the pandemic, we promise. From the good people behind the BC Ale Trail, we present the following fine beers to search out this month:|
- Winter CAMP – Camp Beer Co. Langley, 6% ABV This ginger snap cookie-style ale is perfect for the holiday season. Also look for Camp’s Barrel-Aged Flannel Pyjamas (10% ABV), a Wee Heavy Scottish Ale aged in Jack Daniels bourbon barrels. Available at liquor stores and at the brewery. Found on the Fraser Valley Ale Trail.
- Ginger Snap Brown Ale – Deep Cove Brewers & Distillers North Vancouver (5.7% ABV) Fresh ginger, molasses, cinnamon, and cloves evoke the holiday season in this smooth and creamy beer. Available at liquor stores and at the brewery. Found on Vancouver’s North Shore Ale Trail.
- Chai Hard – Dog Mountain Brewing Port Alberni (5.1% ABV) No matter what anyone says, Die Hard is a Christmas movie, OK? Chai Hard is a chai-spiced brown ale that pays homage to the Christmas-themed action movie starring Bruce Willis. This ale includes lactose that is reminiscent of a sweet, carbonated, cold chai latte. Available at liquor stores and the brewery. Found on the Vancouver Island Ale Trail Part 2.
- Holiday Jam Cranberry Sour – Electric Bicycle Brewing Vancouver (5% ABV | 12 IBU*) The festive label on this beer that was brewed with cranberry purée makes it the ideal gift to put under a beer lover’s Christmas tree. It will be sold on its own or as part of a Holiday Mix Pack that includes a code to see a special video featuring a virtual brewery tour and tasting by Santa Claus and his elves. Available at the brewery and through local delivery. Found on the Vancouver Ale Trail.
5. Cherry Me Home – New Tradition Brewing Comox (5% ABV | 29 IBU)
A medium-bodied stout inspired by Oma’s Black forest chocolate cake featuring dark chocolate, cherries, and Mandarina Bavaria hops. Available at the brewery. Found on the Vancouver Island Ale Trail Part 2.
|6. Wobbly Toboggan IPA – North Point Brewing North Vancouver (9.5% ABV | 65 IBU) |
This White IPA is abundantly hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Azacca, presenting notes of gooseberry, tropical fruit, spice and bitterness.c Available at the brewery. Found on Vancouver’s North Shore Ale Trail.
7. SPECTAACULOUS ‘Spice Cookie’ Stout – Parkside Brewery Port Moody (7.2% ABV | 25 IBU)
A robust stout inspired by the European speculaas spice cookie – also known as the Windmill Cookie – with warming flavours of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and cardamom. Available at liquor stores and the brewery. Found on the Port Moody Ale Trail.
8. Silent Night – Sherwood Mountain Brewhouse Terrace (7.25% ABV | 18 IBU)
The recipe for this spiced Belgian ale was created by owner Darryl Tucker and a visiting Belgian brewer back in 2014 before the brewery even opened. Sherwood Mountain releases it every Christmas, and hopes to present it at a Winter Beer Festival in Belgium one day. Available at the brewery. Found on the Northern BC Ale Trail.
9. “A Great Big Sled” Gingerbread Scottish Ale – Silver Valley Brewing Maple Ridge (5.5% ABV | 20 IBU)This festive take on a Scottish Ale features caramel, toffee and toasty biscuit flavours, along with a healthy dose of gingerbread spices. Available at the brewery. Found on the Maple Ridge Ale Trail.
10. Elf Juice – Mandarin Hazy IPA – Yellow Dog Brewing Port Moody (7% ABV | 30 IBU) The fifth annual holiday beer released in conjunction with CFOX Radio to support charity, this juicy IPA was brewed with a plethora of hops and a hint of mandarin orange to create a festive holiday hop potion. Available at liquor stores and the brewery. Found on the Port Moody Ale Trail.