The holidays are coming! There are dozens of ways you can safely support BC wineries from a distance this season. Here are just a few, from the team at Oliver-Osoyoos Wine Country:
WINE ADVENT CALENDARS:
1. Gold Hill Estate Winery: Limited availability 2020 Advent Calendars featuring twelve bottles (six cellar-worthy reds and six bright, crisp whites), $299 plus tax and shipping.
2. Road 13 Vineyards: The annual Advent Calendar features a beautifully packaged case of 12 wines, delivered just in time for the holiday countdown. A mix of old favourites, new releases and special occasion wines pulled from the winery’s vault. Wine Advent Calendars cost $440 plus tax.
3. Stoneboat Vineyards: Advent Calendar Packs (limited availability) feature 12 surprise wines, including rare library releases, previously sold-out wines, sparkling for holiday celebrations and a dessert wine. $363 plus tax, shipping included.
4. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards: limited availability 12 Days of Tinhorn Advent Calendars features 12 bottles of their award-winning wines. $285 plus tax (must be collected from the winery). Complementary or discounted shipping.
WINE DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR:
5. Bordertown Cider and Winery: Free shipping to BC residents on orders of six bottles or more.
6. CC Jentsch Cellars: Free shipping on orders of 12 bottles or more.
7. Castoro de Oro Estate Winery: Mention “winter with wine country” to receive 10 per cent off all online wine orders, including their popular wines in a can, and receive $25 towards shipping costs.
8. Covert Farms Family Estate Winery: Canada-wide free shipping on all orders over $100 (use promo FREESHIP100 at check-out).
9. Maverick Estate Winery: Free shipping for all orders of six bottles or more, including the delicious, small celebration-worthy Ella sparkling wine ($30.98 + tax).
10. Moon Curser Estate Winery: Free shipping on orders of six bottles or more.
11. Road 13 Vineyards: Free shipping on all orders plus a complimentary gift box and personalized card with purchases of two bottles or more.
12. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards: Free delivery for wine purchases of six bottles or more.
13. Church & State Wines: Sign up for a Very Virtual Online Christmas Party: guided and personalized tasting packages for holiday parties via Zoom. Each package includes two bottles of wine, a crystal Riedel glass and a one hour private virtual tasting with the wine shop manager. From $69 to $99 plus tax and shipping.
14. Kismet Estate Winery: Free with a purchase of three wines or more, a member of the Kismet team will host a 45-minute virtual tasting tailored to your choices.
15. CheckMate Artisanal Winery: elegant, limited-edition Gift Sets are available including a four-bottle vertical of their 100-point Little Pawn Chardonnay ($440 + tax, shipping is complimentary).
16. Covert Farms Family Estate: Choose from two themed gift baskets for the wine aficionado (choose from two, three or four-bottle gift sets from the Covert Farms portfolio of 100 per cent estate-grown, organic wines) and the Culinary Lover (curated selections featuring local preserves, honey, small-batch spices alongside Covert Farms’ award-winning wines). Gift baskets start from $65.
17. Culmina Family Estate Winery: Choose from three holiday gift box sets featuring multi-vintage verticles of their most notable wines, from $175 plus tax. Complementary shipping is offered on all box sets.
18. River Stone Estate Winery: Check out the Holiday Wine Packs in multiples of two, six or 12, featuring newly released vintages of their coveted Stones Throw and Corner Stone reds and brand new 2017 Reflections, a fortified red wine produced from a blend of Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Wine Packs start at $70.
19. Road 13 Vineyards: Choose from five festive themed wine gift sets packaged in stylish gift boxes. Options include All is Bright (2018 Viognier, Roussanne and VRM), T’is the Season (2016 Sparkling Chenin and Sparkling Syrah) and Deck the Halls (2018 Viognier, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2019 Gamay Noir). Gift sets start from $66.98 plus tax and shipping is complementary.
For more information on Winter with Wine Country and other ways to bring British Columbia wine into your home this holiday season, visit www.oliverosoyoos.com/winter-with-wine-country